Buffalo Rock Tented Camp is situated in an unfenced area within the beautiful Kruger National Park.
The unfenced experience means that guests often catch sight of leopard and hyena around the Camp,
making this camp the place to be for an affordable and authentic safari experience.
Buffalo Rock’s unspoiled beauty and solitude ensures that visitors have a peaceful and authentic safari
experience. Sightings of the Big Five are highly likely in the area and an exclusive bush dinner under
the stars, around an open fire, is a must.
The Camp is constructed to have minimal impact on the environment and supports community
Buffalo Rock Camp offers guests a good selection of facilities to ensure that you leave with fond memories of an outstanding African safari experience.
- A fully licensed bar area
- A lounge area where you can enjoy a sundowner with your friends and family
- A swimming pool and leisure area with sun loungers where you can relax during the heat of the day
- A Boma for evening braais (barbecues) under the stars
- Traditional African dancing and singing entertainment can be arranged if requested
- Wi-Fi access in the public areas
- The chance to catch a close-up glimpse of many varieties of wildlife which regularly enter the camp, including members of the Big Five
- Thermal cameras around the circumference of the camp pick up all animal movements
Family chalet with king size bed plus 2 x single beds. En-suite bathroom with twin hand basins, separate bath, shower and w.c.
– All chalets have 24-hour temperature control – air-conditioning, heating and overhead fans.
– Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
– Direct dial telephones
– Mini-bar fridge (stocked on request), tea and coffee making facilities.
– Free Wi-Fi
Buffalo Rock Camp has a resident chef on-site to prepare delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners, with an emphasis on serving hearty South African fare, accompanied by an excellent selection of premium South African wines. Most dinners are served alfresco in the Boma, where tables are set up around the central barbecue (braai), under the starry African skies. As you enjoy your delicious, freshly prepared meal you can listen to the magical sounds of the bush.
Safaris and Bush Walks
At Buffalo Rock Camp life revolves around the wildlife and your daily game drives will be the highlight of your holiday. Echo Africa offers morning, afternoon or full-day game drives both in the private Nkambeni traversing area and inside the un-fenced boundaries of the Kruger National Park. You can also opt to join a late afternoon game drive, enjoy sundowners in the wilderness and then experience an exciting Night Drive with floodlights, giving you the opportunity to see nocturnal animals and predators on the move.
GUIDED BUSH WALKS
Take a walk on the wild side as you join a thrilling guided bush walk in Big Five territory. This is a wonderful way of getting up close to many of the smaller creatures, plants and birds that we often overlook on a game drive. If you are up for a great adventure you can join one of our excellent (armed) guides on foot in the concession. This is a great opportunity to do some bird watching and photography and identify many endemic plant species.