BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Safari With Us – also referred to as “the company” terms and conditions.
Guest – you the person making the booking also sometimes referred to as “you” “client”
Payee – the person making the payment
Tour / safari – the tour you have booked.
By making a booking and confirming with payment you the guest and / or payee agrees to below terms and conditions of the company (Safari With Us).
1.You the guest / payee have had sight of the tour itinerary. You have read and understand the itinerary and you are happy with it and agree with it.
2.You understand and agree that the itinerary is fixed and changes might not be possible or that changes could incur additional costs.
3.The company reserves the right to deviate from the itinerary should circumstances or conditions necessitate such as change.
1.You have read and accepted the quotation and cost and agree to the amount charged.
2. For local tours within South Africa rates are in SOUTH AFRICAN RANDS.
3. For tours outside our borders tariffs will be in a different currency such as USD or EURO. Payment may still be in ZAR and we will agree with you an exchange rate.
4.You understand that the final amount charged in your currency could be subject to exchange rate variations.
5. To secure a booking you will need to pay a deposit or the full amount, depending on the time-line. The deposit amount can vary from 30% to 50% depending on tour being booked.
6. Payments can be via any of the following channels:
- Secure online credit card payment (supports 3D secure)
- EFT for domestic payments
- International Bank Wire
- PayPal (Includes credit and debit cards)
- Cash in certain cases
If you pay a deposit the full balance will be required some time before departure date. This information will be conveyed to you at the appropriate time.
C. CANCELLATION POLICY:
1.You understand travel insurance is compulsory and you confirm that you will have suitable travel insurance to cover you for costs related to medical emergencies, flight cancellations, loss of valuables as well as trip cancellation.
2.Should you be unable to proceed with your tour and need to cancel, our standard cancellation policies will apply. You agree to below cancellation policies
2.1 Day tours and short tours that are less than 7 days in duration (excludes luxury tours and cross border tours)
- More than 35 days prior to departure: Client forfeits 20% of total booking
- More than 21 days prior to departure: Client forfeits 50% of total booking
- 21 days or fewer prior to departure: Client forfeits 100% of total booking
2.2 Long tours, cross border tours and luxury tours
- More than 35 days prior to departure : client forfeits 50% of total booking
- 35 days or less prior to departure : client forfeits 100% of total booking
2.3 Group Tours (15+ people)
- More than 90 days prior to departure : client forfeits 20% of total booking
- More than 60 days prior to departure : client forfeits 60% of total booking
- 60 days or less prior to departure : client forfeits 100% of total booking
Note certain safaris are also subject to specific lodge cancellation policies.
Please check with us.
3. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate insurance to cover your financial losses in the event you have to cancel your booking.
Should the company not provide the services booked you will be entitled to a partial or full refund, depending on the services not provided. Should the company not be able to provide services booked due to external circumstances beyond the companies control, you would need to claim from your travel insurance.
In the event of the company being liquidated, your claim will be against our insurance bond as well as your own insurance.
The above cancellation policies apply to the person booking as well the person making the payment.
D. CORONA VIRUS (Covid 19 and related variants)
We accept that government imposed travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic (and / or related variants) constitutes a BONA FIDE reason to postpone your trip. Covid 19 and variants no longer entitle you to full refund. Our normal terms and conditions will apply.
However, guests can postpone due to Covid 19 travel restrictions without penalty and will not forfeit any deposit. Instead the deposit will be allocated to a future booking for the same tour, either on their own behalf or on behalf of any friends or family. Note this condition may vary should a specific lodge or resort have a different policy. It is your responsibility to check terms and conditions of your specific booking.
Notwithstanding the above we always try and help guests who have a real emergency. Any additional concessions will depend on lodges and other operators involved.
E: Accidents and claims
Guests must have their own insurance to cover them for claims related to accidents and possible injuries.
Safari With Us does carry passenger liability insurance that covers guests for injuries sustained in ana accident involving one of our vehicles. Our liability will be limited to what we can recover from our insurance company.
F. WHAT TO BRING on safari or tour
- Casual neutral-colored layered clothing for day and a pullover for the game drives in the evenings and early mornings.
- Some warm clothes in winter months (please check specific tour pages)
- Walking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses and swimming gear
- Umbrella in rainy seasons
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Flashlight, binoculars and photographic equipment
- Money for drinks, personal expenses and lunches in Kruger and on transfer days
- Passports and travel documents
- A keen pair of eyes to help us spot all the animals
Please follow this weblink for a comprehensive packing list.
You can also read our general policies by clicking the link.
The above terms and conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.